ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2008-11 > 1225996216

From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Jennings, Beavers and Thompson- Harold and Junebug
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:30:16 -0600

I do have Roland Elisha Jennings married to Phoebe L. Thompson with
a few Beavers thrown in, but I don't have Laban John anywhere. This is
not my grandmother's line as they spelled theirs "Beaver", without the "s".

Below is pasted what I have, but I will look around and see what else I
can discover....................Harold B.

Descendants of Rodney Franklin Thompson

Generation No. 1

1. RODNEY FRANKLIN THOMPSON was born Bet. 1824 - 1828 in IL, and died Bet. 1892 - 1893 in Izard County AR (Wayland Arbor Cem).
He married SARAH L. STEPHENS Abt. 1849. She was born Abt. 1826 in KY, and died Bet. 1880 - 1885.

Children of RODNEY THOMPSON and SARAH STEPHENS are:
2. i. MARY JANE THOMPSON, b. 08 Jun 1851, AR; d. 07 Jan 1936, Izard County AR (Wayland Arbor Cemetery).
ii. ALLEN A. THOMPSON, b. Nov 1848, AR.
iii. WIIIIAM C. THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1857.
3. iv. LEWIS ROBERT THOMPSON, b. Nov 1855, AR; d. 03 Apr 1920, Boone County AR (Maplewood Cemetery).

Generation No. 2

2. MARY JANE THOMPSON (RODNEY FRANKLIN) was born 08 Jun 1851 in AR, and died 07 Jan 1936 in Izard County AR
(Wayland Arbor Cemetery). She married FINIS EWING HALL, son of JOHN HALL and MATILDA TRIMBLE.
He was born 05 Aug 1851 in AR, and died 07 Mar 1937 in Izard County AR (Wayland Arbor Cemetery).

Notes for FINIS EWING HALL:
12 Mar 1937 - Rev Ewing Hall Dies at Age of 85
Rev F. Ewing Hall, life-long resident of Izard County and pioneer minister of this section, died at his home at Rodney, last Saturday
morning at 1 o'clock. He was 85 years old. At the age of 17 he took up ministerial work with the M. E. Church, South and remained
active in the work until called by death. He served as supply pastor on different charges in the Batesville District several years, serving
at Calico Rock, Norfork, Salem, Viola, Cushman, Maynard; also in Oklahoma and Kansas City. During recent years his labors have
been in home communities. His wife passed away in January of last year. Surviving are four sons, Robert, Marvin and Hervy (sp) Hall
of Paul's Valley, Okla., and Frank Hall of Rodney; four daughters, Mrs Annie Lewis of Iuka, Mrs Angie Dillard of Pineville, Mrs Amanda
Chastain of Lufkin, (sp) Tex., and Mrs Bertie St. John of Tulsa, Okla.
Funeral services were held Sunday.

Children of MARY THOMPSON and FINIS HALL are:
4. i. MARTHA ANGELINE "ANGIE" HALL, b. 29 Oct 1878, Rodney, Baxter County AR; d. 07 May 1966, Benton County AR
(Memorial Cemetery in Rogers AR).
ii. NANCY A.J. HALL, b. Oct 1878.
iii. IMANDA HALL, b. Feb 1881.
iv. WILLIAM M. HALL, b. Apr 1883.
v. HERVEY C. HALL, b. Jun 1885.
vi. BERTIE J. HALL, b. Nov 1889.
vii. BENJAMIN F. HALL, b. Mar 1891.

3. LEWIS ROBERT THOMPSON (RODNEY FRANKLIN) was born Nov 1855 in AR, and died 03 Apr 1920 in Boone County AR
(Maplewood Cemetery). He married NANCY MARIAH BEAVERS. She was born Mar 1853.

Children of LEWIS THOMPSON and NANCY BEAVERS are:
i. JAMES HICKERSON "HICK" THOMPSON, b. Sep 1873; m. MINERVA ALICE WATSON; b. Sep 1880.
ii. MARY ELIZABETH "BETTIE" THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1875; m. SILAS R. HARRIS, 13 Aug 1893; b. Abt. 1874;
d. 30 Mar 1942, Batesville AR (Roselawn Cemetery).
iii. FRANCES "FRANKIE" B. THOMPSON, b. May 1877; m. WILLIAM H. BUNCH; b. Abt. 1874.
iv. WILLIAM CANTRELL THOMPSON, b. 10 Feb 1879, Izard County AR; d. 04 Jun 1946, Kern County CA;
m. BERTHA CLAUDICE WHITE, Abt. 1911; b. 02 Jun 1895, AR; d. 20 Feb 1982, Kern County CA.
v. LEANDER THOMPSON, b. Mar 1884.
5. vi. PHEBY (PHOEBE?) L. THOMPSON, b. Apr 1886; d. 07 Apr 1945, Izard County AR (Roselawn Cemetery).
vii. NOAH A.THOMPSON, b. Jun 1892.
6. viii. HUGH RODNEY "HUEY" THOMPSON, b. 18 Nov 1894; d. 21 Mar 1968, Izard County AR (Staggs Cemetery).
ix. RANDALL JOHN THOMPSON, b. 10 Aug 1896; d. Mar 1929.

Generation No. 3

4. MARTHA ANGELINE "ANGIE" HALL (MARY JANE THOMPSON, RODNEY FRANKLIN) was born 29 Oct 1878 in Rodney, Baxter
County AR, and died 07 May 1966 in Benton County AR (Memorial Cemetery in Rogers AR). She married JAMES HENRY
DILLARD 04 Jul 1894, son of JOSEPH DILLARD and ELIZABETH J.. He was born 22 Sep 1863 in McMinn County TN, and
died 23 Jul 1937 in Pineville AR (Wayland Arbor Cemetery).

Children of MARTHA HALL and JAMES DILLARD are:
i. MARY ELIZABETH4 DILLARD, b. 08 Jun 1895, Iuka, Izard County AR; d. 15 Sep 1978, Vian, Sequoah Co., OK;
m. STOKLEY LUTHER BENBROOK.
7. ii. ANNA MAE "ANNIE"DILLARD, b. 28 Oct 1896, Calico Rock AR; d. 14 Mar 1971, Rogers, Benton County AR.
iii. ALICE K. "KEE" DILLARD, b. 04 Oct 1901, Pineville AR; d. 15 Oct 1961, Calico Rock AR; m. JOSEPH HORACE
COOPER.
iv. HATTIE PEARL DILLARD, b. 15 Jul 1903, Union Twp, Izard County AR; d. 21 Feb 1992, Tulsa OK; m.
UNKNOWN LANGSTON.
v. RUBY ZELMA DILLARD, b. 07 Feb 1911, Izard County AR; d. 08 Aug 1985, Bentonville, Benton County AR;
m. TROY RHODES; b. 17 Oct 1901; d. Apr 1981, Benton County AR.
vi. RUTH VELMA DILLARD, b. 10 Aug 1913, Izard County AR; m. HUBERT LINDSEY RICHARDSON.

5. PHEBY (PHOEBE?) L. THOMPSON (LEWIS ROBERT, RODNEY FRANKLIN) was born Apr 1886, and died 07 Apr 1945 in
Izard County AR (Roselawn Cemetery). She married ROLAND ELISHA JENNINGS 1908. He was born 13 Sep 1882 in AR, and
died Jan 1968 in Izard County AR (Roselawn Cemetery).

Children of PHEBY THOMPSON and ROLAND JENNINGS are:
8. i. ESSIE JENNINGS.
ii. GOLDIE JENNINGS.
iii. LILLIAN JENNINGS.
iv. IMOGENE JENNINGS.
v. TROY JENNINGS.
vi. HARLAN JENNINGS.
vii. J.R. JENNINGS.
viii. MERLE JENNINGS.

6. HUGH RODNEY "HUEY" THOMPSON (LEWIS ROBERT, RODNEY FRANKLIN) was born 18 Nov 1894, and died 21 Mar 1968
in Izard County AR (Staggs Cemetery). He married HATTIE VIOLA "OLA" STUART, daughter of JOSEPH STUART and
MARTHA ADAMS. She was born 18 Dec 1901, and died 07 Nov 1935 in Izard County AR (Staggs Cemetery).

Children of HUGH THOMPSON and HATTIE STUART are:
i. EVA LEE THOMPSON, b. Abt. 1920; d. 27 Apr 2008.
ii. LETA THOMPSON.
iii. DOROTHY THOMPSON.
iv. BOB THOMPSON.
v. JIMMIE THOMPSON.
vi. WANDA THOMPSON.
vii. BETTY JO THOMPSON.
viii. ROY THOMPSON.

Generation No. 4

7. ANNA MAE "ANNIE"DILLARD (MARTHA ANGELINE "ANGIE" HALL, MARY JANE THOMPSON, RODNEY FRANKLIN) was
born 28 Oct 1896 in Calico Rock AR, and died 14 Mar 1971 in Rogers, Benton County AR. She married WALTER CORNELIUS
FOSTER. He was born 28 Feb 1896.

Children of ANNA "ANNIE"DILLARD and WALTER FOSTER are:
i. RAYMOND T. FOSTER.
ii. CLARENCE F. FOSTER.

8. ESSIE JENNINGS (PHEBY (PHOEBE?) L. THOMPSON, LEWIS ROBERT, RODNEY FRANKLIN) She married SOLON
MARCHANT, son of JOHN MARCHANT and MINNIE LUCY. He was born 29 Jan 1909, and died Dec 1976 in Springfield MO.

Child of ESSIE JENNINGS and SOLON MARCHANT is:
i. NOEL JEAN MARCHANT.