AUS-SAGEN-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-SAGEN > 2004-12 > 1104125969

Subject: Re: [AUS-SAGEN] death certificates
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:39:36 +0800

A cautionary note to all.

In SA certificates contain very little extra, or no more, information than is
in the digital databases. Unless there is a symbol indicating extra
information.

For deaths the only extra may be the name of the informant, who may be a
funeral director.

In spite of the above, there are good reasons for buying a certificate -

1. to confirm the database record
2. confirm the database record
3. copy of the original document for presentation

Ian in Perth