AUS-SAGEN-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-SAGEN > 2004-12 > 1104384795

From: "Louise Leslie" <>
Subject: Arrival in South Australia 1847
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:38:59 +1100

Dear Listers,
with some more help from the wonderful people on this list, I am now
confident that I know which William POLLARD I am researching.
(This has taken some years!)

From his obituary I have learnt that William POLLARD came to South
Australia, from Cornwall, with Mr H Adams of the Moonta Mines.
I am now hoping to be able to find out more about where in Cornwall he came
from, and why he came to South Australia. (I believe Moonta was a mining
town, but I would not have ever figured him to be a mining man)...
so, is there an 'easy' way to find out what ship he came on, what family
came with him, and if this Mr H Adams might have 'sponsored' him to come?

Is a death certificate from 1908 going to give me his parents names, where
he came from, or anything else that is not noted on the index?

any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

thanks again for all the help
regards
Louise

This thread: