AUS-SAGEN-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-SAGEN > 2008-07 > 1215062721

From: "Michelle Giza-Vink" <>
Subject: Re: [AUS-SAGEN] Benjamin Gray
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 15:25:21 +1000

Hi Julie

I am not sure if if you have been informed yet (I have been away and just
saw your email), but your Benjamin GRAY is listed in BISA as follows:

Benjamin GRAY b: c 1810 Littlehampton ENG
d: 13.9.1879 bd: Blakiston SA arr: 1839 KATHERINE STEWART FORBES occ:
Carpenter, Brewer
res: Adelaide, Mt Barker, Blakiston, Melrose, rel: C/E,
m: SA Eliza Ann b: c 1804 d: 18.6.1862 ch: Eliza Emery TAYLOR (1840-1892)
Guilford Emery (1842- 1906), Sarah Eliz (1844-1912), Alice 1847-1901)

So it appears he came out on the Katherine Stewart Forbes in 1839.

I am no relation to Benjamin GRAY, but I do have Scottish GRAY ancestry,
which is why I notice any GRAY queries.

Michelle Giza-Vink