AUS-SAGEN-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-SAGEN > 2008-07 > 1215218115

From: "Nel Iliffe" <>
Subject: [AUS-SAGEN] Lenz
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 10:35:15 +1000

Hallo Listies,

I am hoping that someone might be researching, or have any information on, Johann Lenz (b.c.1822), who arrived in South Australia in 1862 from Tucheim, Germany on Sanfrancisco with his wife, Dorothea (b.c.1818), and daughter, Louise (b.c.1858).

I believe that Dorothea might have died before 1884. Johann and Louisa were witnesses at my great-grandparent's marriage at Gawler River in March 1883. Johann's occupation was farmer and their address was Pinkerton Plains.

A search of South Australian marriages found a Gustav Friedrich Philipp Lenz, whose father was Johann Frederick Theodor Lenz, married Mary Sophia Sherman, daughter of William Sherman, at St Luke's Church, Adelaide on 16th February 1884. I did not look for a death of Dorothea Lenz, and would be grateful if someone with access to a deaths CD or book could check it for me. Anything else anyone knows about this family would also be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nel
NSW Central Coast

This thread: