CAMPBELL-L Archives

Archiver > CAMPBELL > 2004-01 > 1075441254

From: "Karen Dickerson" <>
Subject: Re: [CAMPBELL] CAMPBELLS OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:40:54 -0600

Anne,
check out the Campbell's in Richmond Co, N.C. in the 1790 census & before in
Orange Co. Also look into the census for the Smith's as they were related.
I believe that your James was the son of James Sr, born in Ireland abt. 1720
who was married to Susannah Leake. Their other children were Richard and
William Campbell. All three sons were born in the late 1700's.
Richard Campbell married Rachel Smith. William married Rachel's sister.
Both being the daughters of John Smith Sr and Elizabeth Patience ? Smith of
the Rockingham area. The Sr Smith line moved on into Williamson Co, Tn.
There his will of 1824-5 is on file.
Their families removed to Tn by abt. 1820's. Some later went on to move
into Ar around Franklin-Johnson Co.
My line is James & Susannah (Leake) Campbell
William Campbell. This line goes on down to Mary P./aka Paralee M. Campbell
who married Joseph Allen "Red" Dickerson in 1900 @ Redding, Ar.
These last two were my grandparents.
I hope that this helps someone out there.
Regards,
Karen