CAMPBELL-L Archives

Archiver > CAMPBELL > 2006-10 > 1160605041

From: "margecam52" <>
Subject: Re: [Campbell] George & Cathy Campbell - Ellis & Elizabeth Campbell
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:17:21 -0500

Do you know what the M in Washington's name is for? Lon's grandfather was
James Harvey Campbell, son of James Mehlander Campbell..who was son of Ellis
Campbell. It's odd that Elizabeth Young Campbell (Ellis' wife) was the dat
of John Young Sr, and her brother was John Young Jr...she never named a
child John...

Ellis & Elizabeth Young Campbell's children:

Matthew b abt 1832 AL
James Mehlander b abt 1835 AL
Ambrose b abt 1836 AL
Dorcas b 1839 Ripley co MO
Wesley b 1842 MO
Mary Ann b 1844 MO
Fountaine b 1849 MO
Elizabeth b 1850 MO
Malinda b 1856 MO
Dicia b 1858 MO ( Dice/Dicey/ Editha..depending on census)
Susan B b 1861 MO (Susie Belle)

We found an Ellis Campbell on the 1830 Lincoln county TN Census ... But the
wife and children do not jive.

1830 East TN census for Lincoln co shows:
Ellis Campbell with two girls under 5, one girl under 10, wife and head
between 20-26... This could not have been Elizabeth YOUNG Campbell, as she
shows on every census as having been born in 1814-15, a full 10 years
younger than Ellis.
We are thinking that if this is indeed same Ellis, he was married twice.
What became of the first family, we may never know.

Lincoln co TN is just above Jackson co AL (or was in 1830).
Marge