DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY-L Archives

Archiver > DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY > 1998-07 > 0900355937

From: "D.R. Blair" <>
Subject: Roll Call
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:52:17 -0400

Hi,

I am looking for information on several families from this area.

Sarah MCCUBBIN b. 9 May 1809 in Inch, Wigtonshire, her parents were William
MCCUBBIN and Mary MCKENNA. She married William GREY who was from Ireland.
They married on 7 Jun 1831 in Leswalt, Wigtonshire.

Their family were born in Leswalt.

Jemima GREY b 1840 married William Henry CUMMING on 10 Apr 1866 in
Stranraer, Wigtonshire.
Mary GREY b 22 May 1833 married Hugh WALLACE on 11 Apr 1852 in Leswalt,
Wigtonshire
Elizabeth GREY b 15 Mar 1837
Ann GREY b1840 (Jemima's twin)
Sarah GREY b 1847
Samuel GREY b 1850
Jean GREY b 1844

Another family is the KELLY family. Thomas KELLY b. abt 1740 in Kildare,
IRE married Mary ORFORD b: Dublin, IRE on 11 Aug 1767 in Kirkcudbright,
Kirkcudbrightshire. I don't know why they went to Kirkcudbright to get
married but they did. I haven't been able to find any info on their
children except for John.

John KELLY married Alicia GOSSELIN
William KELLY married Catherine ORFORD
Lewis KELLY