DUNGAN-L Archives

Archiver > DUNGAN > 2003-07 > 1057615621

Subject: [DUNGAN-L] Dungan bible, Audrain Co, MO
Date: 7 Jul 2003 16:07:01 -0600

Surnames: dungan, toalson, burton, gilmor, craighead
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/2kT.2ACEB/211

Message Board Post:

Hi - during a recent visit, I copied information from a Dungan family bible. For more info, contact me,

Here's the info:

DUNGAN BIBLE – Presented to J.T. Dungan by his children Myrtle, James, George, Sidney

Written inside:
Grandma Toalson1839-1909
Grandpa Toalson1841-1908
Mrs. Mary Dunganb 21 Feb 1874
James T. Dunganb 8 nov 1864
Myrtle Dunganb 19 aug 1894
James W. Dunganb 5 sep 1896
Geog. D. Dunganb 5 may 1898
Sidney Lee Dunganb 14 jan 1903

James T. Dungan died 20 Jun 1929
was married to Mary Toalson 28 Oct 1891 (married 37 years, 8 mos)
George died 16 apr 1945
Mary J. Dungan died 5 sep 1949

Found inside bible – wedding announcement for Sidney L. Dungan and Helen Burton; no date, newspaper title, location, etc.
Pertinent info:
Sidney L. Dungan of Louisiana MO married Miss Helen Burton of Auxvasse, by Rev. A.F. Larson, Christian Church. Attendants – Miss Frances Gilmor, Glenwood Craighead. Burton – dau of Mr. And Mrs. G.P. Burton; worked past year as filing clerk w/Continental Bank Supply in Mexico; grad of Auxvasse HS.
Dungan – grad of Chillicothe Business College, operates battery station in Louisiana, where couple will reside.

This thread: