GEN-DE-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-DE > 1999-01 > 0917330202

From: <>
Subject: Re: Noftsger, Naffzer, Nafzer, Noffsinger
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 05:56:42 GMT

In article <78fnm3$>,
"DONNA NOFTSGER" <> wrote:
> I'm trying to find out about our family where they might of came from and
> about the name itself. Can anyone help me. Thanks Donna Noftsger

Hi Donna,

I'm Janet Noffsinger. A great book that I have access to is "History of the
Nafzger Family in America" by Glea Brown Richer, printed in 1939 by Stump
Printing Company, South Whitley, Indiana.

It has an extensive history and tree of the 3 brothers, Rudolf, Matthais and
Peter Nafzger, who came to Philadelphia on the ship "Pheonix" on Sept. 15,
1749. There is also a great geneology page of Peter Nafzger at
http://wwwp.exis.net/~tjnoff/ This is a great place for you to start.

I am a descendant of Matthais.If you can not locate the book I would be
happy too look through mine for you. Just need your Father/grandfather
names.

Good luck

Janet