GEN-DE-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-DE > 2000-09 > 0968933715

From: "STROUD, MARGARET" <>
Subject: New list
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:15:15 -0400

New lister seeking homeplace and parents of Hans Adam Schwebel (Shwabel) Schwably who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Brigantine "Mary and Sarah" from Amsterdam via Portsmouth from Franconia, Wirtenberg and Palatinate and was naturalized the next day when he took an oath at courthouse 26th day of October 1754.

He was said to be a Hessian, but I have found no record to confirm that.
Can anyone tell me his hometown? Salt Lake City has said it was probably not Schwab even though similar to his name of Schwably which was later Americanized to Swavely. He had many children, and I'd be happy to share them with any of his descendants I am fortunate enough to find.
Thanks from Margaret in Norfolk, Va
Pls send to this address since modem broken at home

This thread: