GEN-DE-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-DE > 2000-09 > 0969052876

From: "Henning Boettcher" <>
Subject: Re: New list
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:21:16 +0200

Did you try to find embarkment lists in Amsterdam? These lists often
contain the place of origin.
Kind Regards
Henning Boettcher

"STROUD, MARGARET" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> New lister seeking homeplace and parents of Hans Adam Schwebel
(Shwabel) Schwably who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on
Brigantine "Mary and Sarah" from Amsterdam via Portsmouth from
Franconia, Wirtenberg and Palatinate and was naturalized the next
day when he took an oath at courthouse 26th day of October 1754.
> He was said to be a Hessian, but I have found no record to confirm
> Can anyone tell me his hometown? Salt Lake City has said it was
probably not Schwab even though similar to his name of Schwably
which was later Americanized to Swavely. He had many children, and
I'd be happy to share them with any of his descendants I am
fortunate enough to find.
> Thanks from Margaret in Norfolk, Va
> Pls send to this address since modem broken at home

This thread: