GEN-MAT-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MAT > 1997-09 > 0874644423

From: Chester Ward, Jr.< >
Subject: KY Death Certificates
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:47:03 -0500

I am frequently at the Owensboro-Daviess Co. Library, where a copy of
Ky. death certificates 1911-1945 on microfilm are shelved. I will make
photocopies for $1.50 each, prepaid, which includes postage. (For a quicker
response you can include a self-addressed envelope.) An online index to the
death certificates is found on the webpage below:

http://ukcc.uky.edu/~vitalrec/

After submitting a search for my grandfather's death certificate, I
receive the following report

REMOUS A WARD

date: 770407
age: 074
place: DAVES
residence: DAVIESS
volume: 016
cert: 07702
deathvol: 77

For me to obtain copies for myself, or for you, I need the last two
numbers, the certificate no. and the deathvol. (The certificate nos.
repeat themselves in every volume.)
A fully completed death certificate includes name, address, spouse,
birth and death dates and places, burial place, undertaker, race, cause of
death, parents and their state of birth. occupation, physician's name, and
informant's name. The amount of information included and its accuracy
depends upon the knowlege of the informant. Most are fully completed, and
of course, virtually all include the date and cause of death.

My address is: Chester Ward, Jr.
821 Glenn Ct.
Owensboro, KY 42303-0520

You should receive a response from me in about a week, though I could
be delayed by long lines at the microfilm-copier machine. Be sure the dates
of the certificates you request are no later than 1945. The only place to
get copies of certificates dated 1946 and later is the Vital Records Office
in Frankfort, Ky. I can handle requests for any number of copies, though a
very large order may take a little longer to get back to you.

Chester Ward, Jr.

using Microsoft Word 6.0 and Eudora Lite on Macintosh Power PC.

This thread: