GEN-MAT-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MAT > 2008-04 > 1209507058

From: "Broad View Books" <>
Subject: [GM] Emigrants to Pennsylvania, 1641-1819
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:10:58 -0400

Emigrants to Pennsylvania, 1641-1819 $35.00 (out of print)
A Consolidation of Ship Passenger Lists from the Pennsylvania Magazine of
History and Biography
Michael Tepper
Baltimore 1999 reprint of articles 1877-1934
This important collection of ship passenger lists from The Pennsylvania
Magazine of History and Biography ranges from brief name lists to full-blown
articles giving passengers' places of origin, occupations, wives and
children, dates of arrival, etc. With minor exceptions the lists document
arrivals at the port of Philadelphia between 1682 and 1819 and identify
approximately 6,000 immigrants, mainly British and German, the majority
being named in two extensive lists of indentured servants and apprentices.
Most of these lists were transcribed from manuscripts in the possession of
the Historical Society of Pennsylvania.
Table of contents:
Title Page
List of Sources
Introduction
Expeditions to New Sweden
A Partial List of the Families Who Arrived at Philadelphia between 1682 and
1687
A Partial List of the Families Who Resided in Bucks County, Pennsylvania,
Prior to 1687
Moravian Immigration to Pennsylvania 1734-1765
Servants and Apprentices Bound and Assigned Before James Hamilton Mayor of
Phil., 1745
Servants and Apprentices Bound and Assigned Before John Gibson Mayor of
Phil., 1772-1773
A List of German Emigrants, 1773
List of Arrivals Per Pennsylvania Packet, 1775
List of Foreigners Who Arrived at Philadelphia 1791-1792
Passenger List of the Ship Elizabeth Which Arrived at Philadelphia in 1819
Miscellaneous Lists
Index of Ships
Index of Names
292 Pages, 6x9 hardbound, very good condition.

Shipping & handling is $4.00 for the first book & $0.50 for each additional
book. I usually have only one copy so please e-mail me at
and I will hold the book for seven days. I will
e-mail you the address to send the check to or you can go to the web site
below and print out the order form and mail it.

Jamie MacKenzie Crossley
Bookseller
Hudson, Massachusetts USA

Broad View Books
<http://broadviewbooks.com>;
Your Source for Used Books Pertaining to:
Genealogical Research, Town Histories, Vital Records, Magazines and More.
With a Special Interest in Massachusetts and New England

This thread: