GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1997-11 > 0880683249

From: David Collyer <>
Subject: Re: Williams d'Aubigny/of Aubigny
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 16:14:09 -1000

> Moreover, I have for line A:
>1. William d'Aubigny m. ? de Plessis

I have the parents of this William as Neel III d'Aubigny and Adele d'Eu (See
"Nobilaire de Normandie", E.de Magny, 1862)

I have this woman as Adeliza Belvoir De Plessis (source: Crispin & Macary
pp. 6 - 7 [although I haven't seen it myself]; daughter of Grimoult Du
Plessis, a.k.a. Osulf BELVOIR, and Matilda of Normandy, and sister of
Matilda Plessis who m. William I Comte d'Alencon)

>2. Roger I d'Aubigny m. Avicia / Amicia

I have this Amicia as "Sister to Geoffrey, Bishop of Coutances". Is there
therefore anything further on her, or his, family?

>3. William II d' Aubigny m. Maud le Bigod (dau. of Alice de Tosny)
>4. William d'Aubigny, Earl of Arundel, m. Adeliza de Louvain

David in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

This thread: