GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-09 > 0905651426

From: Benjamin Hertzel< >
Subject: Re: Joan de Valletort and Richard of Cornwall
Date: 12 Sep 1998 18:50:26 -0700

John (or ANYONE),

> Our Joan's first husband was Ralph de Valletort/Vautort of Trematon d. 1256,
> younger son but ultimately heir of Roger de V. of Trematon d. 1206? by his
> wife Alice (parentage unknown).

Do you have anything on a Hugh de Valletort (son of John and ?), who
married Lucy (?). This Hugh was the father of Julian (who married Godfrey
Lyffe, and was the mother of Richard Lyffe). Hugh was also the father of
Elizabeth (who married Richard Champernoun, and was the mother of Thomas
Champernoun).

The only dates I can provide are for the husband of Amice, daughter of
Richard Lyffe (and Margery Stawell). Baldwin Mallet (son of John Mallet,
died 1349, and Elizabeth Kingston), husband of Amice Lyffe, died in 1416.
He and Amice were the parents of Hugh Mallet (who married Joan Roynon),
Thomas, and Philippa.

Thank you for anything you can tell me about these Valletort ancestors.

Benjamin

This thread: