GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1999-06 > 0929029675

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Amy de Gaveston
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 05:47:55 -1000

Ancestral Roots 7 does imply that John de Driby has a descent from
Henry I, as Douglas Richardson has suggested.

Line 16A, page 20. "John de Driby, son of Robert of Wokefield, Berks,
d. aft. 30 Nov 1357. (His desc. from Henry I shown in TAG 37:50).
Hopefully someone will be kind enough to take a look at that piece.

Weis, Sheppard and Faris have Amy de Gaveston as a daughter of Piers
de Gaveston and Margaret de Clare, "damsel of the Chamber to Queen
Philippa, b. soon aft. 6 Jan 1312; m. in or before 1334, John de
Driby..."

Of course, this book may soon be supplanted by a new work, as we have
been led to understand.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas
--

D. Spencer Hines --- "Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace
is fast enough." --- Theodore Roosevelt (1888)

This thread: