GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1999-09 > 0936415797

From: Troy Howlett< >
Subject: John Watson-1472
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 22:29:57 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,
I am new to the list. I am from Oklahoma City, in the United
States. I have quite a few entries in my family tree with only one or
two names. Someone marries into my tree and I have a couple of
generations of direct line info, then they disappear. If it is
agreeable to everyone, I would like to post the information. It was
passed to me by various people and I need to have it verified or
disproven. Also, I have no knowledge of place names in the UK, etc. If
it is wrong, I apologize, it was given to me that way. My first
query is on the Watson line. I have: John Watson-born 1472 in
Holme On, Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire, England. He married Margaret
Watson (I do not know if her name was Watson or if there was no last
name), 1499 in Holme On, Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire, England. Their son
was: James Watson-born 1500 in Holme On, Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire,
England. Died 31 Aug 1568 in Holme On, Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire,
England. He married Margaret Sothern, 1529 in Holme On, Spaulding Moor,
Yorkshire, England. Their son was James Watson-born 1530 in Holme On,
Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire, England. Died 31 May 1616 in Holme On,
Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire, England. He married Margaret Watson (again,
do not know about the last name), 1560 in Holme On, Spaulding Moor,
Yorkshire, England. Their daughter was: Isabelle Watson
(Ellithorpe)-born 21 Feb 1561 in Holme On, Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire,
England. Died 25 Jun 1634 in Hole On, Spaulding Moor, Yorkshire,
England. She married Thomas Brigham, 4 Feb 1600 in Holme On, Spaulding
Moor, Yorkshire, England. That is all I have on the Watsons. I am
here to learn, so do not yell at me for being a newbie. I would also
like to learn about place names. They all sound so intriguing. I'm
sure they all have a history behind the name. Thank you all for
your time. I look forward to learning many things from you.

Troy Howlett. Native of Quincy, Illinois and addicted to genealogy.

This thread: