GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-09 > 1031556874

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: Rosa (Roosa) genealogy prior to 1530
Date: 9 Sep 2002 00:34:34 -0700

Hi Kelly ~

I happen to descend from the Dutch immigrant, Aldert Heymanse Roosa.
For a discussion of an ongoing DNA project involving his male
descendants (some of whom have adopted the spelling, Rose), see a post
I made recently here on the newsgroup, which post you should find in
the archives. Quite possibly the DNA research would confirm your
thoughts about a Jewish origin of this family.

E-mail:

"Kelly Paul Graham" <> wrote in message news:<d2Re9.215918$>...
> I was able to trace some of my ancestry to Alert Heymanse (sp?) ROOSA of
> Gelderland in the present-day Netherlands. And, one story has it, that the
> Roosas
> or (Rosas) were previously Jews who left Spain in the expulsion of 1492.
>
> My question:
>
> Are their extant records that can trace the family Rosa in Spain prior to
> 1492-1530 ?
>
> Kelly Paul Graham.

This thread: