GENANZ-L Archives

Archiver > GENANZ > 2004-01 > 1073190990

From: Anne Chambers <>
Subject: Re: Searching MOSS, HENDERSON, GELLON
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:06:30 +1030

Toni wrote:

> "Anne Chambers" <> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Peter,
>
> [snipped]
>
>>I have a photo of Sarah Ann taken in the 1880s by a Mrs MOSS,
>>photographer, A-u-L - she was Alice WRIGHT, married to Elijah MOSS
>>Elijah had a cousin Ernest, son of William and Sally MOSS, it would seem
>>Sarah Ann and Ernest might be siblings.
>>This isn't a line I have gone into very deeply - but I do have contact
>>with Elijah & Alice's descendants.
>>[snipped]
>

> Ann,
>
> Have I read the above correctly? Alice WRIGHT was married to Elijah MOSS?
> Alice & Sarah Ann are one & the same? Or Sarah Ann is their daughter?
>
> I have an Alice WRIGHT in Stockport (father was born in Reddish M/C).
> Thing is she didn't start life out as a WRIGHT. My Alice was a WHYATT, born
> Stockport c1841. She first married a TRAVIS, had 2 children; Fredrick &
> Catherine (recalling the daughter's name from memory). In March quarter
> 1871 Alice then married Joseph WRIGHT in Stockport. He was from London, I
> believe. They are on the 1881 census for Portwood Ward, Brinnington,
> Stockport, with a couple more children & the TRAVIS children.
>
> Ring any bells? Haven't yet come across a MOSS, though I do have HADFIELD,
> SMITH & BARLOW. As the areas are so close together, I had to enquire.
>
> Cheers .. Toni, Ontario Canada.

Sorry, Toni, no I meant the Mrs MOSS, photographer, was Alice MOSS, born
Alice WRIGHT - Sarah Ann was possibly a cousin. Alice WRIGHT married
Elijah MOSS, possibly in the US as a couple of their children were born
there, although they are back in A-u-L by 1881.
anne

--
The privacy.net address is a spam trap.
Please reply to