Subject: Re: [DNA] A message from a skeptic
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:48:43 EST

Thanks to the 'skeptic' for pointing out that there are different degrees and
types of proof.

"Scientific" proof has other requirements, (capable of experimental
replication is just one)
"Genealogical" proof is more a 'preponderance of the evidence' type proof.
Perhaps we should be calling it genetic "evidence".
If I were on a jury Jefferson would be "proven" guilty ("legal" proof) and
paying child support *-)
Ooops I've used up my quota of quotation marks for the day.

In a message dated 01/23/2001 12:07:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> Secondly, the article said that DNA testing "proved" that Thomas

This thread: