Subject: RE: [DNA] A message from a skeptic
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:05:39 EST

In a message dated 1/23/01 11:22:45 AM, writes:

<<As I am sure most of us are aware who have been at this genealogy disease
for very long, the IGI is also far from accurate when it comes to
information whose source is researchers who are not always perfect, and not
from public records which can also be faulty. You always need to
independantly verify anything used from this source or similar sources.>>

Ain't that the truth!

I have to laugh sometimes when I check the "sources" for ancestors I see in
the IGI. Errors getted repeated so often there, they overtime "become fact"
merely for their longevity in that system.

Richard Steadham
The Timen Stiddem Society

This thread: