Subject: Re: [DNA] "Redheads 'are neanderthal' "
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:38:26 EDT

Re:"Redheads 'are neanderthal' "
I always felt my 'red ' recessive genes were somewhat unique but this was
interesting news. Thanks for sending the newstory .

It also makes me wonder if the 'model' used by population geneticists is
correct. Would a shorter average intergenerational age or a faster rate for
mutations give a different conclusion... that the purported ancient roots of
red hair are not so ancient afterall?

Below is the earliest natural red head I have found She was British Celt.
Egyptians used henna to dye their hair,so did Lucille Ball .

>>59AD Queen Boudicca of the Iceni led a revolt against the Romans in Wales.
She is described by a Greek writer, Diocassius who wrote she "was of huge
frame and terrifying aspect with a harsh voice. A great mass of bright red
hair fell to her knees".<<

Red hair is associated with the Celts but it may possibly be derived from the
earlier mysterious Picts.
More on known Celtic history at below site:

<A HREF="">Are You A Celt?</A>

<A HREF="">Pictish Nation ®</A>\

Researching Morgan, Spann, Isom/Isham, Vaughan, Holliday, Bradley, Davis,
Choate, Barlow, Whitlatch,

In a message dated 4/21/01 8:13:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> << and use search terms
> >>
> That is an interesting article, but I had always heard that when you saw a
> red head, you were looking at a Celt.
> Nancy Mc

This thread: