From: Orin Wells <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Tower of Babel
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:49:04 -0700

At 02:45 PM 5/29/01 -0400, wrote:

>There are schools of thought that teaches:
>Man was created (as he today)
>there were four original races
>Man's origin is somewhere other than earth
>Man evolved from lower life forms
>orignal man was white
>original man was black

Let us not forget the Tower of Babel story from Genesis. Many of the Bible
stories have, over time, been proven to contain truth.

"Now the whole earth had one language and one speech. And it came to pass,
as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of
Shinar, and they dwelt there. Then they said to one another, "Come, let us
make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They had brick for stone, and they
had asphalt for mortar. And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a
city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for
ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth."
But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men
had built. And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have
one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they
propose to do will be withheld from them. "Come, let Us go down and there
confuse their language, that they may not understand one anothers speech."
So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the
earth, and they ceased building the city. Therefore its name is called
Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and
from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth. "

It is clear from this text that the whoever REALLY wrote Genesis thousands
of years ago had knowledge of the fact that there were peoples scattered
over the face of the earth who had at the very least different languages.
If you look at this from a scientific point of view it also says they knew
these people had originally been from the same origin. All we are doing
today is confirming what someone already knew in the time of the writing of
Gensis. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Where was Shinar? It appears it was part of the area that included Babylon
which today is in Iraq (how nice). As late as the 1700s Jews were still
living in Babylon. I should think it would be very interesting to check
the DNA of the people of this area.

Orin R. Wells
Wells Family Research Association
P. O. Box 5427
Kent, Washington 98064-5427
<>
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wellsfam/wfrahome.html
Subscribe to the "Wells-L" list on RootsWeb

This thread: