Subject: Re: [DNA] Brigham Young's on the Trail of DNA Tales.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:55:13 EDT

In a message dated 01-07-11 00:03:37 EDT, writes:

<< Have just emailed my SC person at BYU
to verify this surprising event but the article claims they are using
250 markers!

Maybe this is why they insist upon blood!

Remember my note not to standardize too soon and suggested maybe
hundreds of markers for better resolution????? But then, it could have
been a typo - - - Oh well.
Allan >>

In fact, the article actually says "MORE than 250 markers" and that just blew
me away because folks on this list had been talking in terms of 10 or 12 and
I was kind of stunned to see that many. If that is in fact not a typo all I
can say is WOW.

Regards,
Bill

This thread: