From: "Ruth Cattles Cottrell" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Brigham Young's on the Trail of DNA Tales.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:24:35 -0500

Does all this mean that sometime in the future those of us who have
contributed blood to the Brigham Young study will actually be able to see
our own information? I was not given any type of code # when I gave blood
last year in Dallas. I understood at the time that we would not be able to
identify our own information.

Anyone have any info on how this will work?

Thx,
Ruth

> This is VERY interesting. If any of you have problems getting the
> article let me know, I copied it. Have just emailed my SC person at BYU
> to verify this surprising event but the article claims they are using
> 250 markers!
>
> Maybe this is why they insist upon blood!
>
> Remember my note not to standardize too soon and suggested maybe
> hundreds of markers for better resolution????? But then, it could have
> been a typo - - - Oh well.
> Allan

This thread: