From: "Allan S. Gleason" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Brigham Young's on the Trail of DNA Tales.
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:18:25 -0700

Actually, Ruth, assuming you're female, your mtDNA would be used and
being the female line - you just might not recognize your your line of
maternal grandmothers which could be much more exciting - just where
they lived and when!

But then, there may be a lot more to this than I understand, 'cause I'm
just a beginner at this too. Maybe Ann or one of the others could
correct my assumptions.
Allan

Ruth Cattles Cottrell wrote:

> Yes, I suppose they could just publish info about the ancestors I provided
> which I would recognize without them actually having my name attached to it.
> I just can't imagine being able to call them in five years and give them my
> name and get information - wish we had been giving a number at the time - I
> can't remember if SS# was something we were asked to provide.
>
> Ruth

This thread: