From: edndor1 <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Help Please!
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:44:43 -0500

Hi Ann Turner,
I know that you only the administrator, But I have lost all of my
member on my hard drive a few days back. If you would be so kind as to put
this in you genealogy letter My e-mail is address is . It
would be greatly appreciated. I lost everything If the one's that have
written me would re contact I will try and get a answer back to them.
Thanks a million. Ed Baker

At 05:38 PM 4/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 04/08/03 9:05:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
>
> > One of our surname participants also was interested in testing his mtDNA.
> > I've got a whole page of numbers - but no clue as to what they say. Can
> > anyone tell me where to start? It says his HVR1 mutations are...
> >
> > HVR1 Mutations
> > 16069T
> > 16126C
> > 16213A
> > 16259T
> >
> > There are no matches in FTDNA - which is not particularly surprising since
> > his mom is Polynesian. But where can I look to find out what the whole
> > picture of his numbers might be? Thanks, Sue
>
>Did FTDNA not give a haplogroup assignment? As David noted, some of the
>mutations are associated with haplogroup J, which would be a European
>pattern.
>
>Bryan Sykes' book "The Seven Daughters of Eve" does have a chapter on
>settlement of the Pacific Islands. Also, you can search PubMed for technical
>articles
>
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed
>
>You can plug in words like
>
>Maori mtDNA
>
>or you could use the search stategy below to take advantage of PubMed's
>"controlled vocabulary" indexing with MEdical Subject Headings:
>
>"Pacific Islands"[MESH] AND "DNA, Mitochondrial"[MESH] AND "human"[MESH]
>
>I took a quick look at one of the articles with some Maori mtDNA listings,
>and I'd have to say I didn't see much similarity.
>
>Ann Turner - GENEALOGY-DNA List Administrator
>Search or Browse the archives, Subscribe or Unsubscribe at
> >http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/Miscellaneous/GENEALOGY-DNA.html
>DNA preservation kits: http://www.dnafiler.com

>To join Ancestry.com and access our 1.2 billion online genealogy records,
>go to:
>http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=571&sourceid=1237

This thread: