From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] East Asian "Genes" in Europeans: Implications for Genealogists
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:06:17 -0400

David,

I have learned via the new forum at FamilyTreeDNA's website that
FamilyTreeDNA is taking a look at the data they have in-house for people
tested with all three tests.

However, if some statistician and scientist type person wants to start
tabulating the data, it sounds good to me. I am neither a statistician
or scientist (I'm an engineer) and also I am not in a position to do
this at the moment. But if someone else wants to volunteer, I will join
up.

I don't think we need great detail. Just the Y haplogroup (mine is R1b),
mtDNA group (mine is H), DNAPrint test results (mine is reported as 79%
European and 21% East Asian) and some traditional genealogical evidence
pointing to European stock for at least 5 or so generations, and maybe
even a photo LOL. Here is my picture. :-)

http://www.kerchner.com/cfk.htm

Charles