From: David Faux <>
Subject: [DNA] DNAPrint Test: Validation Studies
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

Before we all get too "hot under the collar" about the DNAPrint test, it is essential that we consider test reliability (which, after examining all the available evidence, as I have said, does not seem to be a problem at all) and validity. The latter is the "sticky wicket". Therefore I respectfully suggest that any who are concerned with this matter read the validation studies in relation to this test. AncestrybyDNA has come under some harsh criticism of late (from me as well as others), but their achievements deserve to be acknowledged. Although AncestrybyDNA were going to mail me a copy, I found the study on the web using a "google" search. It is entited, "DNA Witness 2.0: Validation Studies". It was completed in conjunction with the National Center for Forensic Science and the San Diego Police Department Crime Lab. The website is www.chalberweid.ch/DNAPrint/DNAWitness2.0.PDF . I would be interested to learn of your views on this study. David.

Dr. David K. Faux, 4028 Larwin Ave., Cypress, CA, 90630, USA