From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: FW: [DNA] DNAPrint Test: Validation Studies- Koreans (Hangook)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:41:24 -0400

Jeff,

Wow! Big words. Do you mean like "in-breeding" and "sexual isolation"
terms which were thrown out to describe my PA German area, and how we
married within our own kind. Those terms I must admit hurt a little bit
when I read them. Just joking. :-) I can take it. But I do like your
bigger, 50 cent words better. :-)

The PA Germans married within their own kind up to about WWII. Prior to
the early 1900's, marrying someone outside the cultural group and/or the
Protestant religion was a very big taboo in this area when I was young,
and it still was the talk of gossip when I married a Catholic girl of
Slavic background. Some of my relatives wouldn't even come to the
wedding.

And as you say the Koreas did that too. And it was a taboo for them to
marry someone not of their population group. The difference is the size
of the population group. I guess the PA Germans at most numbered about 1
million people. And Korea is a much bigger group, but still isolated.

I hope we leave out that "sexually isolated" and "in-breeding" phrases.
I don't like them. :-)

Charles