Subject: [DNA] moving the spot
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:56:30 EDT

writes:

> . You have no way of knowing if the East Asian is picked up from the Native
> American heritage or from some North European or other source. And to make
> a blanket statement of this sort is not science but speculation.

Now that John Chandler has reported the results of the test done by moving
the value 1/5 of the way between NA and EA we do have some proof of a weak
correlation between them. I'm not sure I always understand John's reasoning
-- and it is hard to paraphrase things I only vaguely understand -- but it
seems to me if NA and EA had a strong correlation moving that point would
increase one value and decrease the other. (?) However, the results from a
small sample does show that change in value but it is not as large a
percentage as the initial move. Now there is a bais for believing there is a
relatinship between them.

Grant Johnston

This thread: