Subject: Re: [DNA] Black Dutch
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:49:46 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/03 12:26:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Charles, I do agree that it's an excellent report and a good place for
> anyone to start in their search! Definitely! It's just such a gray area that we
> need everything we have at our disposal to help put the pieces of the puzzle
> together.

And in my opinion, Black Dutch and Black Irish will mean what ever the person
using it wanted it to mean. As Humpty-Dumpty said, "My words mean what I want
them to mean, no more and no less."

And for those who doubt that families used a special vocabular, just remember
what "no" meant in your family. Was the meaning of 'no' different from your
mother to your father? Did your family mean no in a different way than that
some of your friends families?

Grant Johnston

"The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what
you're doing, someone else does." -- Unknown,

This thread: