Subject: [DNA] Haplogroup T4
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:10:51 EDT

Another rookie question:
I've never found an exact mtDNA HVR1 match, but I almost found one in
"Supplementary data from Richards et al. (2000)"----but where mine has # 519C,
Richards example has #324. In fact, all the T4 examples shown there include this
#324, so I am wondering if T4 has to have #324 in it. Anybody know? I guess I
just want to be sure my T4 designation is right.
Another basic question: Is it correct that the mtDNA haplogroups for Native
Americans are only A, B, C, D, and X? So, if my own haplogroup is T4, then I
can be sure that any Native American I might have in me could not have come from
my own mtDNA line?
Thanks for any help,
Andi McDevitt
HVR1 Mutations