Subject: Re: [DNA] Vines and Variants DNA Project - Gee up Swabbers!
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 02:49:08 +0000

Fred,

My great grandmother had the maiden name of Fines. She used to claim that
her father stated that their family name used to be Vines. His name was
Elijah Luther Fines, son of Thomas Fines and Emily Bates, and was born in
1840. Our Fines line can only be traced back to one Patrick Fines of
Stafford County, VA, who died in 1791. I just wanted to mention this for
future reference in case any of the Fines descendants of Stafford County, VA,
would be interested in comparing their DNA to the Vines descendants. This
may also be true of the Fiennes family of England. It might be possible that
some of the Vines families used to be of the Fiennes family.

Bill Deyo

This thread: