From: "Mary AsaWoman" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] for Grave diggers ctaboo?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:10:44 -0700

I agree. Unless the DNA testing is for a VALID reason such as solving a
possible crime or to find out whether a distant relative had a heritable
disease, best to leave graves alone. I think the best thing to do is search
for birth records, baptismal records, marriage certificates, death
certificates, old school records.

The first thing to do is find the most senior relative you have and get some
oral history. While this may not be entirely accurate, it can give important
clues as to where to look.

DNA might be found in a specimen taken from a patient who had an operation
as was done to disprove that Mrs. Anderson was NOT Anastasia, daughter of
Tsar Nicholas II.

Mary, the one with the 2 cats