From: "Alan Derriscott" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b, Surnames, and Ancient Origins
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:48:43 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Willis" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 12:46 AM

Dear David

Your Hg.I*M170 interests me; could you post your DNA signature in detail?

You and David Faux made good inputs on deep ancestry; and fortunately you
both have the link between the cultures of Anglo-Saxon and Norman within the
Domesday books. David Faux in, volume 34, Suffolk, and yourself in, vol. 6,
Wiltshire.

These are publications of Phillimore & Co. London. I obtained my recent
copies from Amazon.uk. priced at 10 pounds sterling. There was a waiting
time of about 6 weeks.

Deep ancestry DNA seems to fit in well with the closed society of the feudal
system in Europe.

Domesday is very exact; find your ancestors village and you can identify the
lord of the manor, and details prior to the Normans; and perhaps using YSTR
Database where contemporary one-step neighbour DNA matches are located.

You stem from the old Anglo-Saxon division of Wessex. As David F. suggested
this may be less complex than his R1b descent.

Best wishes, Alan.

Alan J.Derriscott,
Wallasey, Wirral, England,
<>