Subject: [DNA] Ausburn Surname DNA Project
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:56:35 EST

A summary of the results for the Ausburn Surname DNA Project has been posted
on the web at:

Surnames in the project are: Ausburn, Ausborn, Ausburne, Osborn, Osborne,
Osburn, Osburne, Ozburn and other variations.

Currently 10 people have been tested and results returned. Four relate to
Capt Thomas Osborne of Henrico, VA who came to the US on the Bona Nova in 1619
(see; three relate to a
William "Billy" Osburn b: 1806 Elbert Co., GA d: 1885 Perry Co., AL; one relates
to a Joseph Osborn b: Oct 10, 1825 Morgan Co., KY; and two relate to a William
Osborne, born in Warwickshire, possibly B'ham England around 1800..

Here is the direct link to join our project:

If you think you may belong to any of these lines, or would like to add your
line to our representation, we'd love to have you.

Tom Osborne <>
Tony Ausburn <>

This thread: