Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:11:58 EST

In a message dated 11/2/03 4:41:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

Everyone remember: good subject lines help immensely when browsing through
the Archives!

---------------------------
Since I've tried to search the archives at GENEALOGY-DNA several times -- and
I have subscribed to the digest mode several times -- I don't think you can
say that in strong enough terms.

It is not unusual to search the archives and find 20 or 30 post with the same
misleading subject line. And in a lot of them the search term found is ONLY
in a quote that gets repeated and gets longer and longer with each reply. I
know at times I've replied without changing the subject line but AOL does make
quoting easy.

I have two suggestions. CHANGE YOUR SUBJECT LINE AND TRIM YOUR QUOTES. And
Ann, if we get out of line and you need a severe punishment to correct our
behavior just change our subscription from regular mail to digest mode. Having to
read the digest is the cruelest punishment I can think of.

Grant

This thread: