Subject: [DNA] Scores
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 00:03:15 -0500 (EST)

Ann wrote:
> Dave, the numbers you posted look like "scores," the way FTDNA used to report
> data before they were free to report the actual number of repeats. There's
> probably a conversion table somewhere on the FTDNA site, but my old bookmark
> doesn't work.

As it happens, FTDNA still provides the results in both formats. This
serves little purpose, except possibly for surname projects that
resisted the notion of switching over to repeat counts. I suppose there
may actually be some of those, so it is a nice gesture on the part
of FTDNA. However, it can be confusing for a new customer. At nay rate,
there's no need to go looking for the conversion tables because the
conversion has already been done, long since, for all customers.

John Chandler

This thread: