From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b, Surnames, and Ancient Origins ["Scores"]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:42:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello Dave:

I have come to the conclusion that there is something missing in my brain - a list of scores or allele numbers, even those for myself or for my family, mean absolutely nothing. Many people "post their numbers" and I just stare with a blank look on my face. For me numbers must be interpreted, and a visual inspection doesn't cut it. The REO and Haplogroup databases that are available to each FTDNA customer on their (the customer's) personal webpages are where mere mortals such as myself must turn to find any clues or hints that may offer the meaning that is hidden in the raw numbers. I am in awe of anyone who can look at a list of 25 numbers and have anything at all to say........

David F.

David Willis <> wrote:
This is a correction of the numbers I posted in a note earlier today.

This is regarding whether my "I" (as in Idaho) Y-DNA haplotype might
indicate Norman deep ancestry.

The Willis HgI*M170 signature for 25 DNA markers tested by Family Tree DNA
is as follows:

FTDNA Actual
Score Repeats

393: 6 14
390: 8 24
19: 6 15
391: 5 10
385a: 9 15
385b: 9 15
426: 4 11
388: 5 13
439: 3 11
389-1: 6 14
392: 6 12
389-2: 7 8
458: 7 10
459a: 6 11
459b: 8 11
455: 7 25
454: 8 14
447: 9 20
437: 7 27
448: 9 11
449: 7 14
464a: 11 14

Ann and Alistair, thank you for telling me how to convert the FTDNA score to
the actual number of repeats . Alan D, David F. or others, can you offer
any thoughts?

Dave Willis

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: