From: "Alan Derriscott" <>
Subject: [DNA] David Willis_DNA signature
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:46:26 -0000

Font=COURIER NEW 10

Dear David Willis

Thank you for posting your FTDNA markers.

The final sequence should have, DYS389-2, score=7, repeats=18, (total number = 32)for YSTR notation.

Your DNA signature (repeats) is as important as your name on your birth certificate.

There are two circumstances that can cause problems with a family tree, adoption and adultery.
Your DNA signature is the true YOU.

Nine of your markers are used in the YSTR Database:-

http://ystr.charite.de

--DYS19-389i-389ii-390-391-392-393-385a-385b-YCAIIa-YCAIIb---(388)
--DW=15--14---32---24--10---12--14--15---15---*-------*-------13
--I*=14------------22--10---11--13----------------------------14

These numbers are in YSTR notation; the WARNINGS should be read and understood, you have no need to change these numbers. (DYS388 is part of the Hg.I*M170 sequence)

The SEARCH with your sequence did not produce a match; therefore, just now, we can't find a possible location for your ancient tribe. Neighbour one-step matches, using the (*)wildcard, will certainly help.

To determine M170, a UEP test should be run. I think FTDNA might well have suggested your UEP from your markers.

It is a good idea to understand the YCC nomenclature system:-

http://ycc.biosci.arizona.edu/nomenclature_system/fig1.html

Best wishes,Alan.

Alan J.Derriscott,
Wallasey, Wirral, England,