Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint results - it's not black and white
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:22:19 EST

I wrote to Dr. Tony Frudakis of DNAPrint and asked him if he had any comments
on this case. Here is his reply:

I am very familiar with this case, and have spoken with Wayne several times
already.  Wayne is a very light skinned man of very much unknown but surely
mixed pedigree (according to him).  He believed himself to be a European/Native
American/African mix, but the test showed him to be mainly Native
American/European.  We in fact did an interview with ABCs Nightline on how this case
illustrates the disconnect between peoples geopolitically derived expectations and
anthropological realities.  I cannot guarantee that it will air, or when it
will air, but we spent a day here doing that interview and it was very
productive.  As I said in the interview, it is actually unusual to show no African for a
person that expected it.

This thread: