From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint 2.5 test
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:14:29 -0800 (PST)

Ray:

My plan is to test one member of my family (perhaps my Uncle Dale) to see what differences are apparent with the "new" test (how will the percentages change; will the EA become NA.........................at this point who knows). The results will clue me in to whether it is worth investing more money for tests of other family members ( I am bankrolling most of these projects), or whether I am just flushing my money down the toilet.

David F.

Raymond Whritenour <> wrote:
David:

DNAPrint genomics, Inc. has always maintained that increasing the number
of AIM's would not alter a testee's MLE by more than two or three
percentage points. However, they also made an offer to test any 2.0
testee with an additional set of 71 AIM's, which they said would
"tighten up" or shrink one's confidence intervals around the MLE by
about 50%. I suppose this 2.5 test, with 180 or so AIM's, will shrink
the confidence intervals by about 60% or more. But, if the MLE isn't
going to move, significantly, why bother shelling out any more dough for
this test? (Take that as rhetorical or not, as you please.)

Ray Whritenour

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: