Subject: Re: [DNA] Puzzling Result: Statistician Needed?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:54:18 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2003 6:54:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

When B's results came back, however, he scored only 9/12 with A -- meaning
it's highly unlikely the two men share a recent common ancestor, according to
the statistical rules almost everybody uses in DNA genealogy.
<

The first thing that you need to do it to upgrade to the 25 marker test for
both A & B to see if the differences remain at three out of 25. As we have
discussed before, the 12 marker test isn't good enough in most family studies.
If the results remain at only three mutations out of 25 I would consider them
to be related, especially, with the paper documentation.

I have had exact matches in my group studies at we markers, but when upgraded
to 25 they didn't match at all, and visa versa.

Julia French Wood

This thread: