From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b, Surnames, and Ancient Origins
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:42:44 -0800 (PST)

Aye, Mr. Tweedy is it. Your "name" evokes fond childhood memories of the wee yellow birdie who is constantly being harassed by that mean old puddy tat Sylvester - I reside relatively close to the Warner Brothers Studios where this cartoon was given life. Also I pass by Tweedy Street each Thursday while running the gauntlet of drive by shootings in South LA on my way to work .................

To your question Mr. Tweedy, while the noteable Guy and I share the same last name, alas we are not kin. This is most fortunate in that I would doubtless have been traumatized while at the York police museum featuring actual recreated scenes of torture - they sure put the screws to Guy (literally), and the auditory component of the diorama can send shivers up the spine. It would be doubly horrifying to think that this was one of my kinsmen. Many folks on this side of the pond don't realize the significance of Guy Fawkes (Faux) Day - there are no "celebrations" or hoopla of any kind. I would venture to say that there are not more than a handful in North America for whom the 5th of November has any more meaning than any other day of the year (and even fewer who know what "spend a penny" means).

I will sign off for now Mr. Tweedy,

Doc Hollywood (R1b).

Barra McCain <> wrote:
Hurray for Guy Fawlkes I say. A man ahead of his time. Was he a Yorkshire
Fawlkes? Fascinating name, it is a R1b I take it.

poor ole Mr Tweedy

www.davidkfaux.org

This thread: