From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA in Laci Peterson case
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:23:58 -0500

Yes, I agree. 1 out of 122 sounds like a high frequency of occurrence
for her mtDNA. I have not seen her sequence results in public anywhere.
Has anyone seen it? If so, it would be nice to learn what her (or her
mother's) sequence actually was. When I read that 1 out of 122 comment,
I wondered to myself if they tested both HVR1 and HVR2 for these
forensic tests. Anyone know?

Louis wrote:

> Roxanne said: I find it hard to believe that 1 out of 122 random mt DNA
> samples would have the same sequence as Laci and her mother.
> Well, I agree. AND if they want to get a greater degree of accuracy, they
> should just test more markers on the mtDNA molecule. It is that easy.
> Acutally, how many markers are they testing?
> Thanks,
> Louis Loccisano

This thread: