Subject: [DNA] Roanoke Settlers?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:15:48 -0500

I would like to ask if there is a way to have my Y-Chromosome test, which is on file, compared to descendants of the settlers of Roanoke Colony?I do not have a surname listed as one of those at Roanoke Colony.

My surname is GEORGE.My Y-Chromosome matches only one other participant on the George DNA site and we know our common ancestor.Our DNA does not match any other participants of the George DNA Site many of whom show a descent from an ancestor to whom records indicate that we descend.One of my direct GEORGE male ancestors was probably adopted or otherwise not a blood son of his father. This would be in the time period of about 1724-1730 in Lancaster County,Virginia.

My DNA Print indicates a Y-Chromosome test of 92% European ancestry and 8% Native American ancestry.I am curious as to whether my direct ancestor who may have been adopted may have been a descendant of the Roanoke settlers.

Any ideas will be very appreciated.

Greg George

This thread: