From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: [DNA] Roanoke Setllers?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:04:09 -0500 (EST)

Greg:

I hate to be always negative, but there are no known descendants of the
Roanoke colony. We don't even know if there were any survivors.
The so-called "Lumbee Indians" of North Carolina claim Roanoke colony
survivors among their ancestors; but "George" is not a surname among
them.

An 8% NA MLE from DNAPrint is way too low to assume you have any NA
ancestry, at all. Only good old-fashioned standard genealogical
research will be capable of answering your questions, in my opinion.

Ray Whritenour

This thread: