Subject: Re: [DNA] Roanoke Settlers?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:00:50 EST

In a message dated 11/5/03 8:17:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

My DNA Print indicates a Y-Chromosome test of 92% European ancestry and 8%
Native American ancestry.I am curious as to whether my direct ancestor who may
have been adopted may have been a descendant of the Roanoke settlers.
All that tells you with certainty is that the majority of your genetic
composition is European. Your NA COMPONENT is smaller than the margin of error, so
maybe you are 15% NA or maybe 0% NA. That test is not a Y chromosome test and
it cannot detect a genetic contribution more than 5 or 6 generations in your
past.

Grant W. Johnston, Chico, CA

This thread: